RE: Car Bras

To: dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Subject: RE: Car Bras
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 1996 10:10:23 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\961009101023h ]
Asbestos on!
   Unlike those cars that ride in trailers or rust away  in the garage with
dreams of someday passing the MOT, some really great cars actually DRIVE to
events on their own power. In fact some just actually go out for the pure
pleasure of the driving experience. It would be nice to protect that paint
work while on the road. Since our highway system wasn't built by the Romans ;
-) and are still (constantly) under construction there are times when gravel
is flying. There are good reasons to want to protect that bristol finish.
  These bras are usually held on by straps and hooks,  and it is not unusual
once a car is parked to undo those straps and let nature take her course
with the sun. Of course if left on all the time I am sure there is something
being hidden that usually requires some cosmetic surgery to correct.
  While my use for a bra would only be for road trips I am not worried about
those tan lines from the sun. Typically my car goes from the garage at home
to the parking garage at work so gets small doses of those harmful UV's. The
car cover takes care of those hot afternoon sitting at the marina.
Keep em covered,
Richard

Daren wrote,

Rich wrote:
>>Near where I live in East Anglia, there used to be quite a few US airforce
>>bases nearby, so I saw quite a few Firebirds/Camaro's/etc wearing the
>>things, I must admit that I agree with Daren as to the actual purpose of
the >>things, it's like having a (Politically Correct listers please delete
now!!) >>gorgeous women(ie, wife, girlfriend, bit on the side etc) and
making her put >>a potato sack on her head so that the sun don't make her go
all wrinkly!!!!!

>>At a show a few years ago that I attended, a Concours Spitfire owner
>>actually put loads of bubble wrap all under the wheel arches, around the
>>front valances and along the edge of the bonnet to prevent stone >>chips...
.crazy twat!!! (Ooops, I think you Murricans' have a different meaning >>for
that don't you?) :-)