Re: Newbe TR6 Questions

To: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Newbe TR6 Questions
From: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 22:22:09 -0700
Conversation-id: <9610090117.AA20641@dayton.wright.edu>
Posted-date: Tue, 8 Oct 1996 22:25:08 -0700 (PDT)
In oder to lube the shifter on the TR you need to remove the shift boot, which
might involve removing the cast aluminum dash support bracket; although I am
not sure about that as I lubed mine before the put mt interior back together.
With the shift boot off, it is a simple matter to remove the 3 screws holding
the metal cover/retainer.  The shifter can then be removed and the shifter and
shift rails greased.  When reassembling refer to the service manual about
adjusting the shifter stops (which are the two of the three screws removed or
loosened earlier).

P.S.  be careful not to lose the spring and ball bearing in the end of the
shifter!

-Steve Sutton
74 1/2 TR-6
ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us