RE: electric fuel pump (Why?)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: electric fuel pump (Why?)
From: jstovall@earthlink.net (J. Stovall)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 12:38:46 -0700 (PDT)
>Jeff,
>  I kind of got lost in all this electric pump, shut offs, wreck your car
>options, etc. Exactly why is it that you want to go electric and add all the
>parts and expense. If you go new it cost more, old you get suspect parts.
>What exactly is wrong with taking two bolts out of the old pump and bolting
>in the new (not rebuilt) unit? In 15 minutes you are on the road. I can see
>a conversion turning into another case of shipwrights.
>Am I missing something here?

The reason I was going to get an electric pump is because several people
advised me to. Also, it's a bit cheaper and, apparantly, is far more
reliable. If it starts to look like another case, then I will definatly
rethink it.

>    While I have nothing against electric (my Morris Minor 1000 had one) I
>have only replaced the mechanical pump on my GT6 once and that was after
>120K miles.  Why complicate your life with another box of fuses;-) Wouldn't
>you  rather spend your time driving than re-engineering the fuel delivery
>system.

Well, yeah, I'd like to drive, but if I can spend a couple hours and $50
now, and save myslef 2 days and $150 later, I'd rather do it now. Am I
making any sense? (If I had any, I wouldn't have gotten an LBC in the first
place ;-).

I am being careful, and I know one thing _always_ leads to another, but,
hey, how do you think I got here in the first place?! :) I want to make
sure I have a very reliable car, even if it means sacrificing some
originality.

Anyway, I appreciate your help and I assure you I'm not (intentionally,
anyway!) going overboard. If you have any more comments, any and all are
appreciated. Thanx!

Jeff Stovall
jstovall@earthlink.net
"I'm God's gift to humility."