RE: electric fuel pump (Why?)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: electric fuel pump (Why?)
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 06:13:07 -0700
I've had the same electric fuel pump in my Spitfire for over 16 years now.
Never once failed.  It's one of those little 1-1/2 square jobs with what
looks like a TO3 type transistor on top.  Mounted it in the trunk, just
below the tank on rubber isolated mounts.  Never hear it ticking, pushes the
fuel instead of sucking it all the way through the lines.  Eliminates any
chance of vapor lock.  I wouldnt have any thing else (although I did leave
the GT6 stock,  I just love the little priming lever and the glass fuel
bowl).  Why?  in my case I couldn't use the stock pump for clearance reasons
- but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one on the basis of reliability
Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com
Bschwart@pacbell.net
63' Spitfire,  72'-V6 Spitfire   70'GT6+