RE: electric fuel pump (Why?)

To: jstovall@earthlink.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: electric fuel pump (Why?)
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 9:41:28 -0500
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\961001094128e ]
Jeff,
  I kind of got lost in all this electric pump, shut offs, wreck your car
options, etc. Exactly why is it that you want to go electric and add all the
parts and expense. If you go new it cost more, old you get suspect parts.
What exactly is wrong with taking two bolts out of the old pump and bolting
in the new (not rebuilt) unit? In 15 minutes you are on the road. I can see
a conversion turning into another case of shipwrights.
Am I missing something here?
    While I have nothing against electric (my Morris Minor 1000 had one) I
have only replaced the mechanical pump on my GT6 once and that was after
120K miles.  Why complicate your life with another box of fuses;-) Wouldn't
you  rather spend your time driving than re-engineering the fuel delivery
system.
Drive on,
Richard "Mr Asbestos" Ceraldi
71 GT6 MKIII KF166L