Re: MPG on TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MPG on TR6
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 12:28:54 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

If your TR6 is running correctly, you should get around 20 MPG in
combined city/freeway driving. If you drive above 60 MPH, the mileage
will be lower, if you drive 50 MPH, it'll be higher.

10 is, as they say, "right out". If your car is getting 10 MPG you are
either leaving black trails of smoke or big drip marks where you park you
car! I got around 15 MPG for a while (back when I was getting my TR6 back
on the road), and I eventually discovered that the carbs were leaking
fuel from the bottom cover! They were dripping right onto the exhaust
manifold.

Do you smell gas fumes when you stand near your car?

Oh, if you drive around at the red-line on the tach, that'll drop your
mileage too. But still not 10 MPG.

rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: You'll have to talk to my attorney about that topic...