Re: MPG on TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MPG on TR6
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 20:40:13 -0400
Hello again Vadim,

I'll second Marc's opinion on your mileage / performance questions; I have
some Motorcycle experience too, (TR-6 R, T-150 V) and indeed, it's much
simpler when you only have 2 or 3 cylinders working for you--you know right
away when one is not performing.  The 6-cyl TR engine, at highway speed,
should sound about as smooth as an electric motor, and a mis-firing cyl. is
harder to isolate at speed, too. But go for the easy stuff first, plugs
and wires, points and condenser, maybe distributor cap; maybe the advance
mechanism in the distributor needs cleaning and lubricating, too.

A compression check would answer some valve questions without having to
get into them, mechanically, also.

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
TR-250