Re[2]: Spitfire electrical problems.....go figure!

To: prubrew@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, "Chris Boston" <spitfire@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Subject: Re[2]: Spitfire electrical problems.....go figure!
From: "Peter Mchugh" <PMCHUGH@mail.hq.faa.gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 96 09:43:27 EST
Cc: british-cars@autox.team.net
     Is the voltage regulator atache to the back of the speedo...or the
     voltage stabilizer?????  Or are they the same sort of device by
     different names???

     PMCQ

     73 TR-6
     72 GT-6
     69 GT-6+ (2)

Subject: Re: Spitfire electrical problems.....go figure!
Author:  "Chris Boston" <spitfire@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk> at smtpgate
Date:    7/18/96 5:45 AM

Wow, another Chris & Karen,

Almost certainly your voltage regulator at fault, it drops the 12(ish) volts
from the battery down to a stable 10 volts for the fuel and temp gauges.  It
probably sent a full 12+ volts for a while, causing the needles to go for a
vacation.

The regulator is attached to the back of your speedo, and is a common cause of
problems.

hope this helps,

Chris & Karen Boston.

--
-- 1977 Spitfire 1500...Everyday/Only Driver.