Spitfire electrical problems.....go figure!

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire electrical problems.....go figure!
From: Chris and Karen Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 16:06:02 -0700
Cc: "'British Car List'" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Well kids, the trials and tribulations continue...today on the way home
my temp guage suddenly skyrocketed to H and beyond.  Now, it was
warm out (90+), but she's never gone much over half, even when low on water.
I glanced over to my oil pressure...everythings ok (55 lbs.) at 65mph.
I look over at the gas guage ....suddenly I have a more than full tank of
petrol.
Now this would be possible had I refuel in flight capability, but alas no,
this too was an impossibility.  Five miles down the road everything dropped
back to normal.  Now some Lucas quirks I can live with, but....this is scary!
The only electrical work I have done recently was the connection for my
overdrive
circuit using the existing hot that feeds the reverse switch/light  circuit.
There have been no other anomolies since this connection was made,
it has been 9 days since.

Has anyone run into these symptoms before...where should I start to diagnose?

Thanks in advance for all your responses!

The Prince of Darkness has risen, and he shall be called Lucas!

Chris "honey, where are the batteries?" Prugh