TR International - Shepton Mallet 20/21July

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (triumph cars list)
Subject: TR International - Shepton Mallet 20/21July
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 15:39:20 +0100 (BST)
hi folks

Anyone going to the TR International at Shepton Mallet (England, UK)this
weekend?
I intend to be there friday night & the saturday; look out for a red TR4, BEL
435A
probably parked in the noisy camping area amid the Kennet Valley group.

Just picked up my rebuilt radiator & very good it looks too - though my bank
account is a bit lighter as a result. You know how it is, you need the car
which behaves all year then a few days before its needed -> steam train
impersonation.

Still, I hope to make it in one piece. The weather is very warm here in the UK
so it promises to be a fine weekend. I went last year but it was a bit too hot
& humid to be comfortable. I usually mooch around, but this year I have a
shopping
list and am helping out in the events, so I shall be pretty busy. I've decide
the 4's
brakes need work; stepping on the pedal stops the car ok, but it always seems a
bit spongy & I dont think its air in the system, so new brake hoses are called
for.
The windscreen wipers need work too, and its about time I fixed the heater
valve ...

Driving around the motorways in the Birmingham area last saturday morning
I saw a convoy of French spitfires, presumably of their way to the TSCC meet.
Anyone on this list? I also saw various other GT6's, Heralds, Vitesses.

--

Regards, Adrian + TR4 (with rebuilt radiator)
        asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk