Re: buying a TR 250 & shipped to NZ

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Re: buying a TR 250 & shipped to NZ
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 11:25:07 -0500
What a shame, Ashley.

This brings up a whole new problem we all may have from time to time, since
we are all on the net, and that's the issue of buying a car sight unseen.
I've been pretty lucky, and the cars I've bought that way have turned out
to be pretty good.

But no two people see the same car in the same way.

Did you have photos, Ashley? Did you have some disinterested third party
look at it? I guess you have to be careful about committing to something
like that. At least here in the US, we can walk away, even if it was
inconvenient to drive for hours to look at it. You were really stuck!

So I'm not going to sell MY TR250 unless someone actually looks at it
and accepts it for what it is. In the meantime, I'm going to start on it
as if I was going to restore it, and I'll bet the restoration finishes
before I sell it!

I'm not trying to make excuses for the seller. If it was that big of a piece
of junk, he should have known it. But like I say, sometimes the seller is
emotionally attached, or is ignorant of the problems. And remember, the
key phrase is: Buyer beware!

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com