Re: buying a TR 250 & shipped to NZ

To: "Jon Moody (BME)" <mood@rad.unc.edu>
Subject: Re: buying a TR 250 & shipped to NZ
From: Mark Bryon Joslyn <mbjoslyn@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 10:10:00 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Ashley Southgate <ashley@chch.planet.org.nz>, triumphs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
        As it appears this will be forth coming I will stand and take the
charges now. I acted as agent on the transfer of the 250 between Ashley
 and the PO. The car was sold to Ashley on an as is basis, with known
problems conveyed to Ashley. Holes in body, glass in rear of car, good
engine and trans, car ran quite well, no interior to speak of or top.
Chasis was in good shape with some repair but not perfect. A satisfactory
drivr but not a show car. The purchase price was a reasonable amount $2000,
of which I recieved no compensation from Ashley, I spent several days
making sure that the car was mechanically sound which is what Ashley said
was most important to him, body ws no obhect as he had a TR4A donor
car.  Several pictures were sent so as condition was known before the
deal was made. After a few months Ashley decieded that for the same $2k
he wanted me or the seller to replace the steering wheel and underdash brace,
as well as to send him a complete new frame. As I recieved no
compensation and the seller sold the car at a bargain price, I hardly see
how this was possible. I thought I acted in good faith trying to connect
a buyer with a seller of TRiumphs, but certainly have been burned by this
transaction and will certainly be hesitant to "help"someone who I dont
know personally, with a deal of this nature. I have been off the net for
a few weeks, so Ive missed what ever communications have taken place,
nbut would like to know what has been said!
                                        TRiumphantly, Mark