The 250 Deal

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The 250 Deal
From: PxA5%EngPpl%GS@go50.comp.pge.com
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 96 9:28:41 PDT
Agree. Ashley, please post.  There may be people here invloved or will be
involved....and then it maybe too late!  Thanks.

Ciao-
Pouya

----------------------[Reply - Original Message]----------------------

Sent by:"Jon Moody (BME)" <mood@rad.unc.edu>
 Ashely,

Bummer.  I for one would like to know who led you astray.

Jon Moody '73TR6

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Ashley Southgate wrote:

> Has any one out there brought a TR  ("warning" not from the owner,but
from a
> friend who knew of the TR,all correspondence was with this friend).This
> friend is high up in Triumph Club circles,has knowledge of TRs, a person
who
> i put a lot of trust in,even phoned him to get a more of a personal idea
of
> what this 250 was like.My main worry was the frame(chassis)would need to
be
> 99% in perfect order,i was told the frame is strong & clean,but the
complete
> rear end is fibre glass patched,which i did except,other wise the rest
of
> the TR was complete.Once the deal was done & a deposit paid only then i
was
> told the hood hasnt been up for years & is rotten.
> When the TR arrived in NZ my first look told me it was only a parts
car,the
> front bumper eaten away,looks like it has a Ford steering,no dash
support,&
> the fibre glass patch up was a lot worse than i was to believe,this is
not
> part of my reason for this letter(the fibre glass) My main reason for
this
> letter is the way i have been missed lead over (1) THE ROTTEN CHASSIS
WITH
> HEN SHITED WELDING OF LUMPS OF IRON,A VERY SORRY STATE,WILL NEED A
COMPLETE