Re: oil pressure switch tee problem

To: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: Re: oil pressure switch tee problem
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 1996 23:08:13 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> The AN spec is still very much an active, current spec.  Fittings on aircraft
> tend to be almost exclusively AN.  You can typically find them at a shop
> located near your local small airport, or at a racing-parts store or speed
> shop.
>
> I'm not sure, however, that the threads on an AN fitting are compatible with
> the NPT thread in the oil-pressure sensor hole...

This was a question I'd had, many years ago.  The books then suggested
that there was such a thing as British pipe thread, yet, as best as I
could figure, everything that was post-Whitworth matched with American
pipe thread standards.  On my way to the local parts store for
something for my TR4, this would always be in my mind, and yet, the
fittings I found there seemed to thread and fit just fine.  Nothing
seemed to leak, at any rate.  I had to pull a water jacket plug in the
head on the `70 GT6 not long ago, and it definitely fit an NPT thread
gauge.
Cheers.