Re: So now what is my clutch doing?<01BB6A97.C19FC560@mhl-ca2-04.ix.netc

To: Chris and Karen Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: So now what is my clutch doing?<01BB6A97.C19FC560@mhl-ca2-04.ix.netcom.com>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 1996 08:55:37 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>PLEASE---

>Help me diagnose the cause of the slipping of my clutch.
>Both driven plate and clutch plate are brand new.
>The seal on the back side of the bell housing (at the input shaft)
>is brand new.  Everything was clean upon assembly.  Only thing
>I can think of is some oil or other foreign substance has gotten
>on the friction area of said plates...clutch fluid from slave cylinder?
>Noticed slipping
>in first gear upon takeoff twice, once in second gear after a quick shift.
>Never had a clutch go slippery like this on an lbc.  Did have one act
>similarly on an old Nissan Pulsar.  Turned out to be a rear engine seal.
>I have yet to get the wiring right on this overdrive either...any more wiring
>diagrams?

At a guess, I would say that if your clutch is new, then it 'may' be caused by
a bad bearing in the overdrive unit, I was told about this by John Kipping when
a friends car started slipping.  Apparently there was a certain 'year range'
for this, which I think was sometime around 78-79.

Sorry to be the (possible) bearer of expensive news....

Rich