Re: oil pressure switch tee problem

To: jsherman@mail1.i1.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil pressure switch tee problem
From: KVacek@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 21:08:01 -0400

>Why is it that when I added in a Tee for the oil pressure switch...  the
>light goes on when oil pressure is good and the light goes off when the
>oil pressure is too low?  FYI, the oil pressure switch is of the 3-wire
>variety and I put a mechanical oil pressure gauge on the other part of
>the tee.

I know there are about a zillion EE's out there, but since there are no
answers yet (maybe they're all on the way to Albany??), I'll try...

Sure sounds like you accidentally plugged the switch in backwards.  There are
typically a set of Normally Open contacts, and a set of Normally Closed ones.
 The typical pinout on the switch is to have a common terminal, a NO
terminal, and a NC terminal.  Try switching the connections.

Good Luck !!
-Karl