Re: oil pressure switch tee problem <31E0804A.1F48@rt66.com>

To: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Subject: Re: oil pressure switch tee problem <31E0804A.1F48@rt66.com>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 20:53:07 PDT
Cc: Marie A Harkins <mah16@cornell.edu>, triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>"Michael D. Porter" said:
 > Marie A Harkins wrote:
 >  > So much for cheap pipefittings.

 > Ouch!  Expensive lesson... for all those folks buying the 39 cent
 > fittings at K-Mart, the right parts for such use are those specified as
 > at least AN (for Army-Navy).  It's an old spec, but is still in use for
 > automotive pipe and hydraulic fittings.

The AN spec is still very much an active, current spec.  Fittings on aircraft
tend to be almost exclusively AN.  You can typically find them at a shop
located near your local small airport, or at a racing-parts store or speed
shop.

I'm not sure, however, that the threads on an AN fitting are compatible with
the NPT thread in the oil-pressure sensor hole...

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: kerch@parc.xerox.com :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center