Re: TR-6 stainless steel exhaust

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 stainless steel exhaust
From: yellowbullet@novagate.com (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 03:07:34 -0500 (EST)
Hello TR List,

   There has been quite a bit of talk about Stainless Steel exhausts and thought
to add what I know.

   Some of you know me and know of "The Yellow Bullet".  She's a bright yellow,
fairly quick TR250. She's pushing upwards of 180hp and need to breathe a
bit better.

   I purchased a stainless steel header from TRF a couple of months ago.  I did
this because I wanted to go to the dual exhaust system and didn't want to
ever change the system again.  I don't drive her in the winter, so salt
wasn't an
issue, but short trips can be hell on an exhaust system, and again breathing.

   When buying or installing stainless pipes, you MUST make sure that it's
A304 stainless.  There's a 400 series available that just won't last as
long.

   I also purchased two Walker Dyna-Flow mufflers and two new Monza tips (mainly
for looks) and had the entire dual system made from A304.  Sure, it's
expensive, but I don't plan on ever replacing it again.  That alone helped
make my decision.  All told, parts and labor came out to just over $900
U.S.

   The sound is fantastic.  The motor is really built, but the exhaust note from
the exhaust makes it sound like a "cammed" V-8!  The performance is noticable.

                                        Steve

"can't drive 55!"