TR-6 stainless steel exhaust

To: <ssutton@ban.CHINALAKE.NAVY.MIL> (Steve Sutton)
Subject: TR-6 stainless steel exhaust
From: "Scott W. Paisley" <paisley@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 07:50:59 -0700
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Steve Sutton writes:

> Does anyone out there in Triumph-Land have any experience with the
> stainless steel exhaust systems sold by TRF, MOSS, VB?  I believe
> they are all 'Falcon' brand from England.

I've got one on my '75 TR6.  I put it on when I had the car in
Maryland and have since moved to Colorado.  Being in a dry climate I
won't put a SS exhaust on my '70.  Why?  The SS cost much more and has
a more "tinty" sound.  Once the carbon built up, that went away a bit,
but still, I prefer the sound of the mild steel.  Some prefer the SS
sound BTW.

The SS kits fit just as an original does.  Perfect.

Soooo in a wet/saltly climate, short drives, hard exhaust conditions,
go for SS.  Otherwise the mild steel will be just fine. (IMO)

-Scotty
 '70 TR6
 '75 TR6