Re: TR-6 stainless steel exhaust

To: ssutton@ban.chinalake.navy.mil, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 stainless steel exhaust
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 18:50:37 -0500
Fellow Scions:

Steve Sutton asked about Stainless Steel exhaust.  I have two cars (TR6's)
with the two types available.  My 74 has the "sport" version which is dual
all the way back.  This version is a little more difficult to find but are
available through Rimmer's (and other sources, most likely).  I sounds NEAT
but it is a little bit loud and after an hour on the highway my ears ring.
 This exhaust system sounds GREAT with the hard top on however and not at all
too loud.  This system was on the car when I bought it and seems to fit fine.

I am currently re-doing my 71 and just installed a stainless steel
reproduction of the single pipe original system.  The fit was fine once I got
all the pipes fitted together and the stock sound is still neat although not
as loud as "sport" exhaust systems.

We here in the rust belt (anywhere outside of Cal-Az-Texas) really think a
stainless exhaust is a value added item.  The desirable sound level is,
however, a subjective issue and I suggest you test drive before you buy (if
possible).

Dave Massey                                  St. Louis, MO