Re[2]: dashboard rheostat etc...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, S1500@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: dashboard rheostat etc...
From: "jpratchi" <jpratchi@isdlink1.ess.harris.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 95 07:54:35 est
In a previous message I addressed criteria for replacement rheostats for
Spitfires and LBCs in general.  I measured the resistance on mine and in
the most dim position, it reads 22 Ohms.  This is about twice the
equivalent  resistance of the seven or eight lamps it controls.  Bob Sykes
measured two he has and they read about 20 Ohms so in general, if you can
find a replacement rheostat with a maximum resistance of ~20 Ohms and
capable of dissipating 5 or 6 Watts, you have a winner.

   regards,   John Pratchios