Re: dashboard rheostat etc...

To: mood@cortex.rad.unc.edu
Subject: Re: dashboard rheostat etc...
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 1995 09:05:15 -0400 (EDT)

> coming. At least I know it really needed to be replaced.:) Meanwhile, I
> received a new dashboard and am in the process of installing it.  The
>dashboard
> light rheostat is shot -- does anybody know of a cheap fix?

  If you don't care about being able to dim the lights, just bypass the
reheostat.  The one in my Spit hasn't worked since I bought the car.  I
don't feel like shelling out the $50 or so for a replacement so I can turn
the dash lights down when they're not even really that bright at full.  I've
been idly keeping an eye out for a used one I could pick up cheap (like
<$10), but haven't found any yet.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation