2 More questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: 2 More questions
From: JMardy@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 17:16:26 -0400
1) While under my car, I noticed that the driveshaft appears not to be
centered in the tunnel toward the differential -sorry, hypoid- end of the
driveshaft.
What do you think this means?
Whacky U-joint, tweaked frame, differential mounting problems...

2)  My overdrive solenoid needs a push to engage.  It doesn't have enough
power to engage the OD.  On the bench without a load, it seems strong.  The
actuating shaft on the OD doesn't have very much resistance.  Is the solenoid
just worn out?  Can a new plunger be purchased or do I have to spend $110 on
a new solenoid?  Can the body of the solenoid be sleeved with something?

Thanks again.

John Mardesich
'68 TR250, Marin County, CA