Re: 2 More questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2 More questions
From: egilk@oslonett.no (Egil Kvaleberg)
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 1995 07:05:31 +0200
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
In article <950906171624_92738968@mail04.mail.aol.com>, JMardy@aol.com wrote:
> 2)  My overdrive solenoid needs a push to engage.  It doesn't have enough
> power to engage the OD.  On the bench without a load, it seems strong.  The
> actuating shaft on the OD doesn't have very much resistance.  Is the solenoid
> just worn out?  Can a new plunger be purchased or do I have to spend $110 on
> a new solenoid?  Can the body of the solenoid be sleeved with something?

Is that an 'A' overdrive? The 'A' has two coils, one high current for
engaging, one low current for holding. A contact within the solenoid
disconnects the high power coil when the solenoid is fully engaged.

Use an Amperemeter and check the current consumption (the exact figures
should be in the book).

Egil

--
Email: egilk@oslonett.no  Voice: +47 22523641/92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway