Re: Mosport & Canadian Customs

To: team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Mosport & Canadian Customs
From: DLM Assoc <DLMAssoc@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 07:13:36 EST
In a message dated 98-04-02 14:53:34 EST, mra@sympatico.ca writes:

<< One tip though. I've found that customs guys both ways don't have a
 sense - they don't react well when asked if you have anything to declare
 you answer "Yes, I have a 12" penis" >>

Many years ago I went to Canada with my ex-bitch and made the
mistake of telling the customs agent that the trip was part vacation,
part business (a telecommunications seminar/boondoggle).  We
were routed into a little room and sat across the desk from another
agent who looked at both our drivers licenses and asked;
"Don Marshall and Pam Marshall... is there a relationship here?"
When I responded with "She's my mother", it apparently triggered some
long repressed feelings about ugly (and/or short?) Americans and we
had to sit and listen to a lecture about how serious a nation's borders
are and how it's no laughing matter, yada, yada, yada ad nausium.
I wasn't sure if I wanted to be let in or sent home right away.

Had a great time anyway and thoroughly enjoyed the trip, even with the
excess baggage.  You can bet the next time I went over I was quiet
and respectful.   Ya'll be careful out there...

Don Marshall