RE: Driver side lean

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@COX.NET>,
Subject: RE: Driver side lean
From: "Bill Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:38:15 +0100

OK - attempt number three to clarify this. I am not talking about Spitfires
and Heralds with the fixed centre spring, I am talking specifically about
Spitfires (and modified Heralds) fitted with the swing spring. I didn't
really think I was being that obscure, my references were all directed
towards Triumphs.
In the case of swing spring cars, the spring itself is very rarely the cause
of any lean to one side. The reduced roll stiffness at the rear allows the
car to comply with whatever other factors are causing a tendency to lean.
        Cheers,
                Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232