RE: Driver side lean

To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Driver side lean
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@COX.NET>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:31:24 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: spitfires-owner@autox.team.net
[mailto:spitfires-owner@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of ZoboHerald@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 9:30 AM
To: spitfires@autox.team.net; triumphs@autox.team.net

In a message dated 4/14/2004 12:20:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com writes:

> BTW, with respect to Andy Mace's observations - Daffy was a 1978 UK
1500,
> and she definitely leaned!  And I've seen it in other UK cars too...

Well, heck, that's why I asked! :-)

Seriously, that's good to know. Maybe there's something else at work
here? Could it be more a factor of the wider track from 1973 on?

Andy, I am sure that plays a major factor in the equation.  Since the
spring is the same length throughout the Spitfire series, the wider
axles will create a different angle on the uprights and therefore put
more load on the spring rather than on the upright.

And since the entire suspension comes into play, discounting the front
from the equation can also be misleading.

Cheers,
Joe