Re: Feelin' Mighty Blue

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Feelin' Mighty Blue
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 17:30:20 +0100
In article <200106061436.f56EaNi28767@teamfat2.dsl.aros.net>,
frandrum@voicenet.com writes
>Hello Listers,
>
>Just got the devasting news that the 72 MK IV engine I sent out for
>remanufacture has a
>fatal scratch on one of the cylinder walls.  Too deep to cure with oversize
>rings/pistons.
>
>I feel like my best friend needs a heart transplant and I am way down the
>donor
>list.
>I've had this LBC since it was new.
>
>Motorhead is searching for a usable block and I am on the seat's edge waiting
>for a call
>back.
>
>Just looking for solace from the members and tips on how to weather the storm.

I'm not sure what solace I can offer, Frank (except to suggest that you
might get a second opinion before scrapping the block), but as far as
tips on how to weather the storm go, here is a suggested approach:

Pour yourself a double scotch.
Put a Leonard Cohen album on the stereo
Have another double scotch
Ring your mother and tell her you love her
Have another double scotch
Turn the album over (very slowly and carefully) and play side two
Have another double scotch
Ring the girl you dumped in 1986 and apologise for your attitude, for
your immaturity, and for the existence of the whole male gender
Have another double scotch
Consider World poverty
Open a new bottle of scotch and pour yourself a treble
Consider the threat of AIDS
Have 'nother drink
What about Global Warming?   's pretty bad, innit?
Drink
'n hunger.   All those poor 'ungry peepul (hic), 's terrubble, 'tis.
'nuvver drinky-poo, nah, g'won, fill up v' mug...
'n wot abaht v' whales?   's 'orrible wot them Japaneses do t' whales.
Ware'd vat drink go?   Better 'ave 'nother...
Oh Gawd, I'm so d'press'd, I'm gonna bed...

Wake up next morning with a terrible hangover and a feeling that a
cheerful, positive mental attitude might be a good way to greet the
brand new day.

(This method of dealing with woes has been tested and approved by the
undersigned!)

ATB
--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"