Re: Chromed windshield frame?

To: bschwart@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Chromed windshield frame?
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 11:16:34 -0400
I'll be danged.  I thought all Spitfires (at least in the US) had matching color
on the body and windshield frame.  So when I saw the add, I thought it
was something special.  I swear, I don't think I've ever seen a Spitfire
so painted.

I guess I should clarify that when I said striking, I didn't inherently
mean attractive.

>>> Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net> 09/05 11:08 AM >>>
all 1970 Spitfires and GT6's had this treatment done from the factory (at
least here in the USA).  It was (from what I have read) an attempt to make
the windscreen appear larger.  I personally didn't care for the look - and
on my 70 GT6 I left it body color