Re: Chromed windshield frame?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, jmcneal@ohms.com
Subject: Re: Chromed windshield frame?
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 10:41:32 -0400
In one of the foreign (french?) Spitfire advertisements I saw on someone's
web page, the windshield frame was in flat black.  The appearance was
rather striking.

As an alternative way to achieve the look, you might want to check out
some of those psudo-chrome paints.  Some of them can look quite good, t
hough I don't remember which ones.  You could also try the look
temperarily using aluminum tape.

>>> "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com> 09/05 9:47 AM >>>

I know it would be a no-no from an originality standpoint -- and perhaps
structural as well -- but has anyone ever chosen to chrome plate their
windshield frame rather than paint it?  What got me thinking about this was
how good some older LBCs look with chrome windshield frames -- MGA's for
example. I was trying to visualize a chrome frame on a Spitfire and aside
from the clash with the aluminum capper -- it seems like it might look
pretty swell. It would also remove the necessity of putting vinyl over the
inside of it as well.  Just considering my options with the new project I've
acquired...