Chromed windshield frame?

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Chromed windshield frame?
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 06:47:17 -0700
I know it would be a no-no from an originality standpoint -- and perhaps
structural as well -- but has anyone ever chosen to chrome plate their
windshield frame rather than paint it?  What got me thinking about this was
how good some older LBCs look with chrome windshield frames -- MGA's for
example. I was trying to visualize a chrome frame on a Spitfire and aside
from the clash with the aluminum capper -- it seems like it might look
pretty swell. It would also remove the necessity of putting vinyl over the
inside of it as well.  Just considering my options with the new project I've
acquired...

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'67 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project aka "Timothy"
home of the NEW Totally Triumph Auction
and... The Triumph Autos/Parts Wanted Listings
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/TRwanted.cgi
The Vintage Spitfire Forum -- moderated and friendly
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/spitforum.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!