RE: Insurance

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Insurance
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 00:37:07 -0400
imho, the only thing that works with big carriers is a) screaming.  lots of
it, long and loud.  then scream more.  call supervisors, call 10 times a
day, harass, annoy, bitch and moan.  offer to help them find body shops.
 become the biggest thorn they've ever felt.  then, when that fails, try b)
scream, and threaten to sue.  if you can convince them that you are serious
about a lawsuit, the checkbook might open, as even a small legal fight will
cost more than fixing the car.  I went through this twice with state farm,
and once with allstate.  never was the wreck my fault, but getting correct
repairs was difficult.  never did anyone say, 'yes, we'll have it fixed, no
problem.'

scott