Re: Insurance

To: reid.w.simmons@intel.com
Subject: Re: Insurance
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 11:06:40 -0400 (EDT)
According to Simmons, Reid W:

> A report a few years ago by some think-tank made the statement that
> something like 97% of American drivers "do not belong behind the wheel of a
> car".  I guess the remaining 3% is made up of people like us on this and
> similar LBC email lists, and MOST (but not all) race car drivers. :)

Well, I am sure it changed about the same time the insurance companies
were forced to charge the same rates for teenage boys as teenage girls
(even though the boys had a statistically higher accident rate) but when
I was younger there was a time when race drivers could not get innsurance
to drive on the street at all. The last person in the world I would like
to be sharing a country road with is a NASCAR driver.  They drive specially
designed cars that only turn in one direction and only drive in circles and
still can't keep them on the track!!!

Boy do I miss driving in Germany.....

bill

bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.