Re: Theft Proofing

To: brichard@us.oracle.com, PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil
Subject: Re: Theft Proofing
From: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:24:34 -0400 (EDT)

> I've used both the points and the condenser, and both worked just fine.
> Obviously test it before you rely on it.  The way I test it is have the
> car running, and flip the switch, the car should die without turning off
> the key.

Considering how easy it is to open the hood on a Triumph what exactly
would this accomplish??  It might stop todays teenagers from joyriding
in your car but it is n't likely to stop anyone with even a basic
knowledge of how an ignition works.  My toolbox is full of aligator
clipped jumper-wires just perfect for going directly from the battery
to the coil.

bill

bill@cs.uofs.edu         |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |