Re: Theft Proofing

To: "Bowen, Patrick A" <PABowen@sar.med.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Theft Proofing
From: "Bradley D. Richardson" <brichard@us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 14:12:12 -0700
I've used both the points and the condenser, and both worked just fine.
Obviously test it before you rely on it.  The way I test it is have the
car running, and flip the switch, the car should die without turning off
the key.

Keep in mind my other e-mail about isolating the toggle switch from the
frame.

Under the driver or passenget seat is a great spot, just make sure it's
not in a place where sliding the seat back or forward will cause the
switch to flip, and make sure sitting won't do the same either.

And, remember the switch.  It's useless unless you use it, and there was
once when I dropped my car off to get some new tires put on, that I
forgot to leave the switch 'on', the tire dealer called me and said
they've tried everything, but they just couldn't get the car to start,
so they could get it into the bay to get the tires.  Silly, dumb old me!

Brad