Re: Theft Proofing

To: Bill Gunshannon <bill@cs.uofs.edu>
Subject: Re: Theft Proofing
From: "Bradley D. Richardson" <brichard@us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 15:30:59 -0700
Bill,

Didn't say it was the best, but if someone tried to hot wire the car,
and it won't start, they'll probably leave.  If they open the hood, and
you've done a good job of hiding what you did, they won't see that
either.  Sure, a knowledgeable person could eventually figure it out,
but out of all the possibilities for a car not starting, some of which
others have suggested on this mail list for theft proofing, just how
much is a thief going to try before they leave?

The key is to hide what you did, even the part in the engine
compartment.

Brad

=======