RE: Theft Proofing

To: Spitfire List <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Theft Proofing
From: Scott Hall <sch8489@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 13:30:35 -0400
I seem to remember several kits manufactured that do something like this
(your rifle thing).  one was from south africa and designed to prevent
carjackings.  it was a flamethrower that mounted under the driver's side
floorboard and could be activated to immolate a pedestrian's legs.  I
suppose it could be modified to suit your purpose.  the other I read about
was a shotgun shell embedded in the driver's seat, pointing up.  it was
triggered by something to fire when someone sat in the seat and it wasn't
deactivated.  I think I read about it in a clipping from britain, where the
owner was arrested because it had maimed a thief (this is kind of fuzzy,
though).  I don't know if I could drive with the second setup--what about
malfunctions?

scott