Re: [Shop-talk] Enclosed car trailer

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Enclosed car trailer
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 23:44:49 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 8 Sep 2015, Brad Kahler wrote:
> How much room do you have for the ratchet straps when using the wheel nets
> (bonnets)?  I'm starting to think that in the confined spaces of an
> enclosed trailer it might be somewhat of a pain to try get the wheel nets
> around the wheels.

    The other question is, do you want to secure the load in the trailer,
or just the wheels?

    I know some people like the idea of 1 to 3 tons of vehicle flopping
around in their trailer... I do not.  I think it's insane, but to each his
own.  I tie down the chassis, not just 100 pounds of wheels.  I have
tied-down just the wheels a few times in a pinch ( someone else's car
lacking anchors, etc ) and hated it.

--
  David Hillman