Re: [Shop-talk] Enclosed car trailer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Enclosed car trailer
From: David Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 12:34:25 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 9 Sep 2015, Mike Rambour wrote:
> and when you get lucky and I mean really lucky, the car rolls off the
> trailer on the freeway offramp and comes to a stop with minimal damage...a
> few hundred yards earlier I would have been to 60, instead I was doing 10mph,
> like I said lucky.  This was with the chassis strapped down tight, but I
> guess not tight enough since a downward bounce allowed the hooks to come
> loose and the straps came off.

    At risk of sounding like a paid shill, which I am not.  Use snap hooks,
which cannot disengage.  Relying on tension alone to maintain attachment
is risky, as you discovered.

<http://www.lodimetals.com/2-standard-handle-ratchet-wsnap-hook>

    Of course you can buy those from any number of vendors, but these are
the best quality I've seen, and frequently cheaper than made-in-China
crap.

    Out of random curiosity, how did the door open?  Or are we talking
about a beavertailed open trailer here?

--
  David Hillman