Re: [Shop-talk] Enclosed car trailer

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Enclosed car trailer
From: Mike Rambour <lists@dinospider.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 07:54:23 -0700
  and when you get lucky and I mean really lucky, the car rolls off the
trailer on the freeway offramp and comes to a stop with minimal
damage...a few hundred yards earlier I would have been to 60, instead I
was doing 10mph, like I said lucky.  This was with the chassis strapped
down tight, but I guess not tight enough since a downward bounce allowed
the hooks to come loose and the straps came off.

  After that incident, I got the wheel basket straps, moved the D-rings
to where they needed to be and never strapped down the chassis again.
Let the chassis bounce all it wants, keep the wheels locked down and the
car will stay.  Maybe even better for the car since the cars suspension
is still able to freely move.

     mike