Re: [Shop-talk] New PC (was Dead PC)

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] New PC (was Dead PC)
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 09:11:41 -0400
Our office uses refurb Dells exclusively.

If you go that route, I cannot recommend enough that you buy the highest
level of warranty they'll sell you--the one where a tech comes to you
that day to fix whatever breaks. Do NOT get the 'depot' warranty where
you ship the computer back to Dell each time it breaks (and it
will--often), unless you also have a spare machine to use for the two
weeks it'll be gone each time.

Dealing with Dells and Dell itself about the computers has made a
lifetime Lenovo customer out of me. And I was a huge believer in refurb
equipment and the idea that all p.c.s are created equal, no matter the
name on the front.