Re: [Shop-talk] kids tool bench

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] kids tool bench
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:49:46 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Matt Wehland wrote:
> I just got back from a shopping trip and picked up a 10' tape measure.
> I will have to check how sharp the edges are.
>
> Thanks for the all the cautions about the sharp edged tape measure (I
> get several private emails about this also).

Thanks from me too for the various advice.

I've already given my son (1.5 years old) a tape measure... Its a little
1/2" by 12' or whatever HF deal.  I was worried about the edge & moving
fast on retraction, but it doesn't retract all that horribly fast and I
guess I'm also not going to freak out if he nicks himself.

He's also played with a 33'x1" tape measure, and that one retracts pretty
quick... He hasn't managed to hurt himself with that yet either.

We measure things occasionally... He likes to hold the end while we get
further apart.  :-)

I like the idea of a screwdriver with the bits removed... I think I've got
one I can donate to that cause, and I bet he'll like it.  :-)  Thanks!

Mark