Re: [Shop-talk] kids tool bench

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] kids tool bench
From: Matt Wehland <mattw@webtripper.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:34:40 -0500
On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 12:52 -0400, Mark Andy wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Can anyone recommend a fun kids tool bench / kids tools?

> Ideally the tools wouldn't be easy to swallow, and would be dull enough
> that he'd have to work hard to cause destruction to himself, us, or the
> house.

> Mark

I don't have any pointers yet, except for a tape measure, an 8 footer
would be perfect (I am picking one up next tool store trip).

I just got a Handy Manny dancing tool kit for my daughter and she loves
it ('Come on tools' :-)
My Dad wants a tool kit that will follow him around like Manny's does
(cartoon with talking tools that dance and jump into the tool box when
it's time to go).

I have been thinking the same thing for some real tools, she loves to
help me work on stuff.

The problem is that everything could be a weapon/cause destruction also,
but since she is almost 3 we can work on that.
Any ways what isn't a weapon?
Baseball bat, riding unicorn on long pole, fishing rod (with hooks), the
list just goes on.

A little ball peen hammer, some screw drivers, pliers, crescent
wrench, ...?
Goggles.
When she get a little older a small hand saw, coping saw ...?

More importantly any one have any suggestions for kiddie projects?

We will be looking for fun indoor things to do this coming winter,
fishing season only lasts so long in N. IL.
Did I mention that Gracie makes me take her fishing, I'm so proud :-)
She gets tired of the park and then we have to go fishing, she loves the
outdoors and loves anything with an internal combustion engine, the
louder the better.
Shes the best (at least when she isn't being bad).

Thanks for bringing this up.

Matt Wehland