Re: [Shop-talk] kids tool bench

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] kids tool bench
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 16:30:30 -0700
It's funny how times change. I'm not a parent, so I'm only qualified to
observe,
not comment - and I'm aware of that.

When I was a kid, no more than 4 (this would be 1961 or so), there was a line
of
toy kids tools - faithful miniature wrenches, screwdrivers, etc. They were
plastic and chromed. I was fascinated with them, as any kid would be, and ended
up with enough of them that a favorite aunt sewed me a machinist's apron with a
pocket for each one.

Now, this was in a time before there was too much worry about toys that kids
could swallow ... and also before anyone worried that one of the miniatures was
a working, sharp, handsaw...