Re: aircraftspruce.com - spam

To: Shop-Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: aircraftspruce.com - spam
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:02:39 -0800
> Another thing you can do is turn off the graphics in your mail reader. I
> am on a dial up and use Thunderbird to read my mail. If I want to see
> the graphics, I turn it on. I also leave attachments on my ISP's server
> until (if) I want to download them.

<LUDD>
Email should be plain-text.

If you read email in HTML and allow your mail client (Thunderbird,
Outrage Express, whatever) to go get images from a remote webserver,
you're letting that webserver and whoever runs it (or mines data from
it) know that email got to someone and who read it and when.

</LUDD>

John.