Re: Tool cabinets ...

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Tool cabinets ...
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:06:51 -0800
> Note, I'm setting up the new garage and I went to a surplus auction house.
> I was able to get steel cabinets from a hospital ER for next to nothing.
> These are high quality cabinets with ball-bearings, floor leveling feet,
> lots of space.  Plus I was able to sell the 2 I didn't need for more than I
> bought all 10 of them for!  8>)

I bought five Vidmar 30in W x 60in H 11-drawer tool/parts cabinets when
the machine and tool shop content at the Mare Island Naval Shipyard was
auctioned off.  These things date to the Nixon Administration, and have
a serious layer of grungy old sticky-label adhesive on them, but the
heaviest/dirtiest content they'd ever had in them were 10-packs of
resistors so, once you get the gloves and the acetone and scrub off the
glue they're in very nice condition aside from the 1972 grease in the
drawer-slide bearings.

They cost a few bucks but nothing like new or even used-dealer prices.

John.