Re: Tool cabinets ...

To: Arvid Jedlicka <arvidj@visi.com>
Subject: Re: Tool cabinets ...
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 13:41:04 -0500
Arvid Jedlicka wrote:
> "Is stainless a reasonable alternative to the traditional painted cabinet?"

   They are probably powder coated rather than painted, which is a
meaningful distinction. The powder coating stands up pretty good to
having tools banged into it, which happens all the time.

   I bought the "basic" level one for my garage. My dad bought the
"fancy ball bearing" one for his house workshop.

   I like the ball bearing drawers but never felt it was worth the money
in an automotive shop where tools are big and dirty and such. Mine open
really easily.

   I bought that thin foam padding to put on the bottom of the drawers,
and I think that helps a lot. Just cut it with scissors and drop it in.
Makes everything neater and quieter and tooks stay where you put them no
matter how hard you slam the drawer.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca