Re: Building a shop

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Building a shop
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 23:03:39 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Wayne Farrington wrote:
> I have a similar situation with my shop, in that it is roughly the same
> elevation as my septic tank/drain field. I put a toilet and a large sink
> in the shop using a sewage pump. I forget the proper name of the system.
> Essentially it is a sump (about the size of a 32 gal plastic garbage
> can) that has a grinder/ejector sewage pump in the bottom with a float
> switch. When the contents get to a certain level the pump turns on and
> pumps the stuff out to the septic system through a 2 in. line. The 2 in.
> line is plumbed into the mainline just before it enters the tank. Both
> the toilet and the sink are plumbed into this system and it has worked
> fine for about three years now. I think the cost was around $500-$700
> for the system.

Ah!  Yeah, if you have a particular recommendation for a system, that'd be
good to know.  That sounds like a decent solution overall though... I'd
kinda figured I'd need to put in another septic system or something psycho
like that.  :-/  Is there a length restriction to the 2" line to the
septic tank?

> BTW, how close is your new place to the Mid Ohio race track??? That was
> part of the criteria in selecting a new place wasn't it?:)

:-)  Mid-Ohio is down the road a bit, but I'm about 20 minutes from
BeaveRun and maybe 45 minutes to Nelson Ledges... :-)

Mark