Re: Building a shop

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Building a shop
From: "Wayne Farrington" <w.farrington@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:59:07 -0800
Mark,
I have a similar situation with my shop, in that it is roughly the same
elevation as my septic tank/drain field. I put a toilet and a large sink
in the shop using a sewage pump. I forget the proper name of the system.
Essentially it is a sump (about the size of a 32 gal plastic garbage
can) that has a grinder/ejector sewage pump in the bottom with a float
switch. When the contents get to a certain level the pump turns on and
pumps the stuff out to the septic system through a 2 in. line. The 2 in.
line is plumbed into the mainline just before it enters the tank. Both
the toilet and the sink are plumbed into this system and it has worked
fine for about three years now. I think the cost was around $500-$700
for the system.

BTW, how close is your new place to the Mid Ohio race track??? That was
part of the criteria in selecting a new place wasn't it?:)

Wayne