Re: Building a shop

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Building a shop
From: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 17:45:27 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 orphancars@direcway.com wrote:
> Springfield Twp, as in/near Akron, OH??  Small world -- grew up in
> Brunswick, OH............but am now in the "county" outside
> of Fort Worth, TX.

I think actually there are two Springfield Twp's in OH...  This one is
over near the border of PA/OH, just north east of the first eastern exit
on the Ohio Turnpike (I76 on the eastern end).

Thanks to everyone for the replies!  This is looking pretty daunting
still, but now at least I know other folks have succeeded!  :-)

The current question running through my mind is related to septic
systems...  The house has a septic tank/leach field setup along with a
well... no city water or sewer is available.  The shop is going to be
quite a ways away from the septic tank (200+ feet?) and the lot is pretty
flat...  I'm (total guess here as I don't locations more specific than
"out front") figuring that means a gravity tie into the septic tank
probably won't work.

Do they make sewage pumps?  I figure they must, right?

I also am wondering if I can forgo the toilet in the shop, just have a
sink, and not have to tie into the septic system?  Like, just run the grey
water into the building drains or another leach field or ??

I figure the county health folks can answer all these questions, I'm just
rambling a bit... :-)

Mark